Sharing the things I've made so you can make them too.
I am a professional culinarian; I graduated Le Cordon Bleu in 2008, and have been working in the industry since 2007. Expect to find: desserts, vegetarian dishes, game meats, whole grains, lots of veggies and fruits, more desserts, and soups.
The Best Fucking Cheesecake You Will Ever Eat, For Real.
No seriously. This cheesecake will fuck your shit up. You thought you knew cheesecake? You didn’t know cheesecake. This is not a custard lightly flavored with cheese. This is fucking cheese eating a cake and telling you it’s better than you are. For real. You can use whatever crust you like with this. I tend to use the graham cracker crust recipe on the back of whatever crumbs I buy. But I’m sure a cookie crust would work as well, or a pie crust if you’re a fucking weirdo. I told you this would be professional, didn’t I?
Serves: One if you’re insane; about 12-16 if you’re polite
5- 8 oz packages of cream cheese, room temperature (that’s right. 40 oz of fucking cheese. You can use low fat or neufchatel if you want, I’ve done that and it’s very good.)
1 3/4 c sugar
3 T flour
zest of one orange, one lemon, minced very finely
5 large eggs
2 large egg yolks
1/2 t vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 550 F. If your oven won’t go that high, settle for 525 and tell it it sucks. Before you start, cook off your graham cracker crust in a springform pan, cool it, and then butter the sides of the springform to ensure that the cake does not stick to the pan when you remove it.
- Beat together cheese, flour, sugar, and zests till smooth- I recommend a kitchen mixer for this.
- Add the eggs and yolk, one at a time until combined on low speed.
- Add the vanilla
- Pour into a springform pan lined with graham cracker crust, or whatever crust you chose to use. The recipe was originally meant for a 10 inch springform pan.( I use an 8 inch and then put the extra cheesecake in an oven proof crock, bake it off, and eat it by itself like the glutton I am. Do not judge me, I am giving you a taste of heaven here.)
- Bake on a baking sheet in the center of the oven for about 2 minutes, or until the mix is puffed. Turn the oven down to 200 F, and bake until firm. This could take an hour. Sometimes it takes an hour and thirty minutes. The more you want the cake, the longer it takes, or so it will seem. But be patient, don’t slam the oven door, and don’t poke it too much. It WILL firm up as it cools, so it does not have to be rock hard to be ready.
- Cool the cake for about six hours. Overnight is best, or, say, make it in the morning for that evening. I know, the waiting sucks, but trust me, you want it to set so it will be as delicious as it is supposed to be.
You can top this cheesecake with whatever you like. Cookie crumbs work well, poached blackberries are fucking awesome (poach in simple syrup and then pour over the cake) fresh strawberries work, as well. Get creative! The cake is very rich, dense, and creamy. It is like heaven. I only make it about twice a year and when I make it I give half of it away because I can’t stop eating it. This cheesecake is never dry. If it’s dry you did something horribly wrong; it is probably the best tasting cheesecake I’ve ever had.